ACBO Achievement of Excellence Award
Description of the Award
The ACBO Achievement of Excellence Award (formerly the Walter Star Robie) is presented to professionals in California community college business administration who have demonstrated outstanding achievements and exemplary service as Chief Business Officials in their respective districts and the state of California.
Through this award, ACBO has honored our colleagues since 1988 for their many accomplishments and outstanding service to California community colleges.
Click here to see a list of previous recipients of the award.
Process for Nomination
Nominations are now open for the 2021 ACBO Achievement of Excellence Award. All nominations must be received by Friday, September 24, 2021.
Selection Process and Criteria
A selection committee of the ACBO Board will collect information regarding each candidate’s qualifications and will consider all nominees on the basis of the following criteria:
- College Leadership
- Years of service at a college or district
- Outstanding accomplishments
- Supportive of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on campus
- State Leadership
- Participation and examples of leadership at the state level via the Chancellor’s Office committees and task forces
- Participation and examples of leadership in professional organizations related to the field
- Direct service and examples of leadership to the profession via the ACBO Board, an ACBO committee or project
- Personal Accomplishments
- Participation and involvement in local civic affairs, charitable endeavors and contributions to the community
The award will be presented at the 2021 Fall Conference which will be held at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay in San Diego, October 25-27, 2021.
We all know of a colleague in the community college business profession deserving of recognition by their peers.